You know what they say, April showers bring May flowers.... unless your wiring in your house gets tripped by rainstorms like my house. The only thing April showers bring me is blackouts. While I'm trying to get my VCR to stop flashing 12:00 _ _ _ _ 12:00 _ _ _ _ 12:00... try to turn the lights back on in this puzzle!
Hey, you might win a FREE Convert T-shirt while you're at it!
*Correction: This April and May (so far!) have been GORGEOUS with no rainstorms! That said, enjoy the puzzle!
Look out! Black Out!...
Instead of May flowers, this month we pose another CHALLENGE: Turn all the lights on! (Convert all the squares to white.)
This is no easy task, as the lights will tend to go back out again (convert back to black squares) so the winner will be the person who turns the MOST lights on!
There are a couple of rules particular to this puzzle:
- After setup (see image), alternate playing white then black pieces.
- When playing a black piece, it must cover at least one white square.
- No spaces or gaps underneath pieces.
- No sideways pieces (for the smarty-pants out there looking for loopholes).
If you don't have a copy of Convert, you can get it here, and follow along with the rest of the puzzles throughout the year!
The rules of the contest are simple: (Both must be completed to be eligible.)
Note: This month is not a random drawing. The winner will be the person who converted the most squares to white. Tie-breakers will be done by random drawing.
1. Use the wooden blocks from our game Convert to complete the puzzle, then E-mail us a picture of your completion at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "Contest" in the subject line.
2. Share this contest through facebook, twitter, pinterest or google+.
There will only be one winner each month. This Convert contest starts on the 2nd May, and will run until the 15th of May. E-mail Addresses will not be distributed, and the email you provide upon completion of the puzzle will be the email address that the notifications of winnings will be sent to.
ALSO! While it doesn't effect the outcome of the drawings, the sillier the picture the better! We had some great pictures so far, and will love to have an "End of the Year" news post to share with all of you!